Dyknow must be identified as a recognized and approved resource for use at your school/district. For Dyknow to be accessible at your school/district, specific websites and applications must be added to the list of sites you'll always allow in your content filter and antivirus software.
This document is a resource for Dyknow Administrators to understand how to:
ALWAYS ALLOW DYKNOW IN CONTENT FILTER
Follow the steps below to always allow Dyknow in your school’s content filter.
1. Open your content filter.
2. Navigate to the Admin or Content Filter Settings.
3. Create a new entry; review options:
Option 1: Allow Entry = Content filter will always allow the entry
Option 2: Exemption Entry = Content filter bypasses the entry entirely
4. Enter the following Dyknow website filters into the entry; review options based on the filtering types below:
Option 1: Wildcard Filtering (Recommended)
Option 2: DNS Domain Filtering
Option 3: IP-Based Filtering
- Click here to access the list of potential Amazon IP addresses that should be always allowed in your school's/district's content filter.
- Note: Dyknow’s list of IP addresses changes dynamically throughout the day, even hourly. If you are able to update the list programmatically, contact us for assistance in creating a script.
- Click here to access the list of CloudFront IP addresses that should be always allowed in your school's/district's content filter.
5. Save your new entry.
ALWAYS ALLOW DYKNOW IN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE
1. Open your antivirus console.
2. Navigate to the Admin Settings.
3. Create a new entry; review options below:
- Option 1: Allow Entry = Antivirus software will always allow the entry
- Option 2: Exemption Entry = Antivirus software bypasses the entry entirely
4. Enter the following folder entries separately:
- C:\Program Files\DyKnow\Cloud
- C:\Program Files\DyKnow\Cloud\
- C:\Program Files\DyKnow\Cloud\*
- C:\Program Files\DyKnow\Cloud\*\*
5. Make sure each entry is saved.
Article is closed for comments.