The updated YouTubes settings in the Securly Safety Console, lets you allow and block specific YouTube videos and channels by simply adding their URLs to the Allow and Block lists. (Note that this feature is only available for Chrome extension users using the Nucleus UI. These settings apply to Chromebooks only if the user is NOT logged into YouTube.)
To do this,
- Log in to the Securly Safety Console and navigate to the policy you want to edit YouTube settings for.
- Click the YouTube tab and go to Channels tab.
- Enter the complete URL link of the channel you want to allow or block and click the relevant button.
- Alternatively, you can go to the Videos tab and enter the complete URL of a video you want to allow or block.
- It is also possible to allow or block complete categories of videos in the Categories tab.
The URLs and channels added to the allow or block lists in this manner will allow or block YouTube videos for users of that policy.