When using school devices you may want to restrict the user’s access to only school Gmail to ensure that no questionable material is accessed on the school devices.
To restrict personal Google login
- Login to your Securly account
- Navigate to Policy Editor > Global Settings
- Enter the school domain(s) and any other relevant domains that you may want to allow access to in the ‘Restrict Google Login to these domains’ field. Note that multiple domains can be added separated by a comma.
- Adding Gmail.com to this field negates the lockdown of this feature. To allow all domains, leave this field blank.
Bypass Google login restrictions for specific policy
However, you may want to allow teachers, staff or other specific OUs to access their personal Gmail on school devices.
To bypass the Google login restriction at a policy level:
- Navigate to Policy Editor and select the OU you want to bypass the restriction for.
- Select the checkbox for the ‘Exclude from Google Login Restrictions’ field.
All users/ OUs to whom this policy has been assigned will be able to access their personal Gmail. Note that these users must first be signed in to their school Gmail account for the bypass setting to be applicable to them.
It is recommended that you do not select this option for the Default Policy. This is because all users who are not signed in with their school account would automatically receive the Default Policy and be able to access their personal Gmail.