The Securly web filter allows you to create distinct policies for the different types of users to accommodate the unique requirements of each of the OUs. You can also create a unique Take Home Policy for users to provide a different level of filtering off-site. If the Take Home Policy is not present, the same filtering policy applies regardless of location. Remember, filtering will only apply to devices that have a Securly filtered solution (DNS, PAC file, or Chrome extension). Additional configuration may be required for off-site filtering.
Create a take-home policy
- Login to your Securly admin console
- Navigate to the 'Policy Editor' and click on 'Custom Policy'.
- Select the radio button for 'This is your Take-Home Policy'.
Note that you can only have one take-home policy at any given time and it will be applicable to all users unless you specify otherwise. You cannot assign OUs to the take-home policy. The option to create a take-home policy will be unavailable if one take-home policy already exists.
Exclude users from take-home policy
- Navigate to Policy Editor and select the policy whose users you want to disable the take-home policy.
- Enable the "Exclude from Take-home Policy" field.
Note that users who are excluded from the Take-Home Policy will have the same filtering policy on and off-site. This is the same functionality as if the Take Home Policy was not created.
If you are using an older version of the Securly admin console, please refer to this article for the process.