The Securly web filter allows you to create distinct policies for the different types of users to accommodate the unique requirements of each of the OUs. You can also create a unique Take Home Policy for users to provide a different level of filtering off-site. If the Take Home Policy is not present, the same filtering policy applies regardless of location. Remember, filtering will only apply to devices that have a Securly filtered solution (DNS, PAC file, or Chrome extension). Additional configuration may be required for off-site filtering.
Create a take-home policy
- Login to your Securly Safety Console
- Navigate to the 'Policy Editor' and click on 'Custom Policy'.
- Select the radio button for 'This is your Take-Home Policy'.
Note that you can only have one take-home policy at any given time and it will be applicable to all users unless you specify otherwise. You cannot assign OUs to the take-home policy. The option to create a take-home policy will be unavailable if one take-home policy already exists.
Exclude users from take-home policy
- Navigate to Policy Editor and select the policy whose users you want to disable the take-home policy.
- Enable the "Exclude from Take-home Policy" field.
Note that users who are excluded from the Take-Home Policy will have the same filtering policy on and off-site. This is the same functionality as if the Take Home Policy was not created.
Article is closed for comments.