We believe that in order for student activity data to be actionable, it should be accessible to the right people including teachers, counselors, parents*, etc. The school admin, therefore, has the ability to create faculty groups to delegate the monitoring of activity and allow users access to student activity reports and email alerts. Click here to learn what information is accessible to such users.
Note that only the super admin has the authority to create, edit, and delete Faculty Groups.
New Faculty Group
- 1. Log in to your Securly Safety Console.
- 2. Navigate to the Staff tab
- 3. To create a new group, click on "Create faculty group". A pop-up will be launched where you enter the group name and the email(s) of the teacher, staff member, etc. Separated by a comma.
Note that you need to enter at least one email to create a group.
- Select from the checkboxes for the tabs you want to allow Faculty Group users to see when they log in.
- To enable faculty group users to receive blocked activity email alerts and flagged activity email alerts for Filter, first select the relevant check boxes as seen in the screenshot below. You can also choose which types of emails should be sent - those for flagged sentiments, flagged sites, or flagged keywords. You can choose from all three and the user will receive email alerts for all such activities for their assigned OUs.
- If you are an Aware user, you will also be able to create custom email alerts and delegate monitoring of flagged Aware activity. Select the category for which they should receive alerts and select the confidence level as well.
Add permission to view OUs
Once a new group has been created, you need to assign OUs to the group. Faculty group users will be displaying reports only to students belonging to the selected OUs.
Add users to a group
To add a staff member or teacher to an existing group, click on (...) on the right side of the screen, then click on 'Add User'. A pop-up will be launched where you can enter the email(s) of the teacher, staff member, etc. Separated by a comma.
Managing configurations for a group
It is possible to edit access for the faculty group or change the email alerts they received, the confidence levels, categories, etc. by updating the relevant fields under the Configurations tab.
*To learn more about parent’s access to their kid’s activity click here.
Article is closed for comments.