The Securly web filter scans keywords on Google, Bing, Yahoo, YouTube, and Wikipedia to ensure that students are always displayed safe search results and protected from inappropriate/ malicious content.
Admins can enable or disable the keyword scanning option if they find it necessary for any specific policy. This can be achieved by changing the keyword scanning settings for a particular policy.
- Login to your Securly account and navigate to the ‘Policy Editor’.
- Choose the policy for which you want to apply the keyword scanning settings.
- To enable keyword scanning, check the checkbox in front of ‘Keyword Scanning’.
4. Securly has a number of keywords built into our system. These are associated with the blocked categories. Note that enabling a blocked category will add the associated words from that category to keyword scanning.
5. You can add additional keywords to the policy or global level deny list. This requires the format *keyword*. Example *unblockedgames*
Whenever a user searches for something related to any of the blocked categories he would be displayed a blocked page.
If the user searches for something from categories that are not blocked, but if the safe search has been enabled, then the user will be displayed safe search results.
Keyword scanning thus helps admins ensure that students are always displayed safe search results.