In order for Dyknow Teachers to see student device thumbnails in their monitoring sessions, students must login to their devices with the correct Username or Email Address - the same credentials that appear in their Dyknow student user profile.
Students will never login to the Dyknow portal. However, student data is stored in Dyknow because students are identified in a monitoring session based on their local device username (email address).
HOW DO STUDENTS LOG IN TO CHROMEBOOK DEVICES?
Students using Chromebooks must log in to their devices with the same email address that's recorded in their Dyknow student User profile.
To identify the email address associated with a student Chromebook device login:
- Open Chromebook System Preferences
- Scroll down to the People section
- Locate the name of the student in question, and identify the email address associated
HOW DO STUDENTS LOG IN TO WINDOWS AND MAC DEVICES?
Students using Windows/PC and Mac devices must log in to their devices with the same username that's recorded in their Dyknow student User profile.
To identify login credentials on a student Windows/PC device:
- Open File Explorer
- Click the OS (C:) file path
- Click the Users file
- Review the list of file names/usernames to identify the correct student device username
Note: There may also be a "Default" username and a "Public" username listed.
To identify login credentials on a student Mac device:
- Navigate to Settings > Users & Groups > Login Options
- Identify the Account Name (this must match the Dyknow Username)
Article is closed for comments.