Segmented Blocking Plans enable Dyknow Teachers to block individual students and/or release individual students from an enforced Blocking Plan during a monitoring session.
Segmented Blocking Plans are ideal to use when administering tests, so students that have finished testing can continue to be productive for the remainder of the class period.
This document is a resource for Dyknow Teachers to understand how to:
CREATE AND ENFORCE A SEGMENTED BLOCKING PLAN
Follow the steps below to create and enforce a Segmented Blocking Plan during a monitoring session.
1. Click the Modify Blocking button; the Blocking modal will appear.
2. Click the Turn On Segmented Blocking button.
3. Set the blocking for Group 1 by either:
- Using the Plan drop-down menu to select an existing Blocking Plan;
- Using the Type fields to start creating a new Allow Only or Block Only Blocking Plan; or,
- Keeping Allowing All selected.
Note: If you want some of your students to be "free" from blocking, meaning all applications and websites are allowed on their device, select Allowing All in the Type field for those students. Your second plan will then be a blocking plan for the remaining students you choose.
4. Select which students are in Group 1 from the Select Students section.
Note: If segmented blocking is turned on, each student must be accounted for in one of the two groups/plans.
5. Click the Group 2 tab.
6. Repeat Steps 3-4 for Group 2.
7. Click Enforce.
SWITCH BLOCKING PLANS
Dyknow Teachers can move students from one Blocking Plan to another during a monitoring session.
To move a student from one Blocking Plan to another in grid view:
- Hover your mouse over the desired student device thumbnail; and,
- Click the yellow Switch Blocking Plan button.
To move a student from one Blocking Plan to another in big view:
Click the Switch Blocking Plan button.
Article is closed for comments.