The Securly admin console lets you allow or block websites, domains, or keywords in addition to those in the Securly database. You can either add these domains and keywords at a global level or at an individual policy level.
Policy level settings
Any domains or keywords added to the Allow or Block list here will only be applicable to users who have been assigned that particular policy.
- Login to your Securly Safety Console.
- Navigate to Policy Editor and select the policy for which you want to add to the Allow/Block list.
- If you are using the Nucleus UI, then you can add search terms to the list, select the ‘Search terms’ tab, and enter the keyword in the field.
- Click the (...) more icon and select either ‘Exact’ or ‘Contains’ to determine how keyword searches are allowed or blocked.
- For example, if you add the keyword “butt” and select ‘Exact’ then only the word “butt” will be allowed or blocked on various search engines.
- If you add the keyword “butt” and select “Contains” then all words such as “butterfly” will be allowed or blocked on the various search engines.
- Similarly, you can add a phrase such as "momo challenge" and select either 'Exact' or 'Contains' to allow or block the phrase on various search engines.
- To add URLs select the ‘URLs’ tab and add either:
- Specific domains such as “reddit.com”
- Wildcard domains such as “.xxx”
- Full URL such as “https://www.quora.com/topic/Games”
- Keywords such as “butt”. Keywords will be applicable only as part of the URL path.
Note that the Default Policy does not have an allowed list by design. The Default Policy should be your most strict policy. If you would like to allow some for the default policy, instead add it to the Global allow.
Global level settings
Any domains or keywords added to the Global Allow or Block list here will be applicable to the entire user base.
- Login to your Securly portal.
- Navigate to Policy Editor > Global Settings > Allow/Block and add the URLs or keywords there.
Select the Search terms or URL tab to add to the lists at the Global level. You can use the following formats in the relevant tabs:
- Top-level domain - *.com, *.io (this will allow/block all domains with the TLD specified)
- URL - abc.com (this will allow/block the specified URL)
- Subdomain: *.abc.com (this will allow/block all subdomains of the specified URL)
- Keyword - keyword (You would need to select either “Exact” or “Contains” as mentioned previously to define how it should be implemented. )
Note that any domains you add to the Global Block List that are not present in our database will be sent to PageScan for further analysis.
You can also write to us and submit domains to be added to the Securly database.