You would face the root certificate not trusted error is the Securly SSL certificate is not installed on your macOS X.
To stop receiving the error you would, therefore, need to install the SSL certificate.
- Download the Securly certificate CRT file.
|Expires 2020 Cert||Expires 2034 Cert|
|Mac OS X||securly_ca_2020.crt||securly_ca_2034.crt|
- Navigate to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access
- Select ‘System’ in the left-hand column.
- Open ‘File > Import Items’ and import the certificate file into the ‘System’ keychain.
- Alternatively, you can automate the installation process via MDM by downloading the executable file at the end of this article.
Later this Fall, Securly's current SSL Certificate will expire. We have provisioned a brand new SSL Certificate available below which expires in 2034. While to get up and running today you only need to have the original SSL Certificate Installed, we recommend that you install both SSL Certificates at the same time to ensure when the original expires, you are at no loss of service.