Before you start using Securly DNS filtering, ensure that you have the Securly SSL certificate on all devices, this includes Chromebooks. If you are only using the Securly Chrome extension for filtering, you do not need the SSL certificate. We are able to use the Google filtering API to see all the HTTPS traffic. Installing the certificate does not control the level of filtering provided. Certificates are in place to provide the best browsing experience. The certificate never turns on filtering for any device.
To install the SSL certificate in your G Suite admin console:
- Download the certificates attached at the end of this article.
- Login to your G Suite admin console at https://admin.google.com
- Navigate to Devices > Chrome devices.
- Select Networks from the Device dropdown.
- Scroll down to Certificates and click Create Certificates.
- Upload the SSL file from step 1.
- Scroll to the 'Certificate Authority' section and select the device that you are using.
- Click on "Add" in the bottom right corner.
Article is closed for comments.