The self-serve checkout feature lets guests check out using the iPad app when leaving the campus. All they need to do is enter their name and date of birth or scan their license and hit check-out. The front desk staff or any other school personnel is not required to be present during check-out.
It is possible to configure check-out on some or all of the iPads the school uses for checking in guests. Once the feature has been enabled from the Kiosk settings of the Visitor console, it will be available by default on all iPads in your school that have the Visitor app. You can choose to configure only the check-out option or remove it completely as well from a specific iPad.
To do this,
- Log in to the Visitor iPad app
- Double tap and hold with two fingers to access the admin settings.
- You will be prompted to set up self-check-in and check-out.
- Select the option to either have only check-in, only check-out, or both for the iPad.
- You will now start seeing the check-in and/or check-out buttons on the welcome screen of your Visitor app.