The Securly Edge Extension is one of the easiest ways to begin filtering your student devices. If you are using InTune, please use the steps below to deploy the extension on your devices. You can also deploy using Active Directory GPO.
1. Sign in to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center
2. Select Devices > Windows > Configuration profiles > Create profile.
3. Select ‘Platform’, ‘Windows 10 and later’, and then select ‘Settings catalog (preview)’. Click on the Create button.
4. On the Basics tab, enter a descriptive name, such as Manage Edge Chromium Extensions, then select Next.
*Note this will manage all extensions for Edge, similar to GAC managing Chrome extensions.
5. In Configuration settings, select Add settings.
6. Select Microsoft Edge, Under Extensions, to see all the settings in this category.
When the configuration profile is complete, it will take time for the extension to push out for the users. It will depend on the sync frequency between the Windows device and InTune. If you have a testing device handy, you can find the device and force the sync. Learn more about that here.