Dyknow's Classes feature enables Dyknow Teachers to:
- Create their own classes;
- Edit their assigned classes;
- Archive self-created classes; and,
- Access the Class History data for assigned classes.
Note: Dyknow Administrators do have the ability to disallow teacher-created classes for their school (district).
This document is a resource for Dyknow Teachers to understand how to:
CREATE A CLASS
When a class does not exist in the school's Student Information System (SIS) - for example: after-school programs, in-school suspension, study hall, etc. - manually creating a Dyknow class is a great option.
Follow the steps below to manually create a new class in Dyknow as a Teacher.
1. Login to Dyknow.
2. Click the Create New Class button on your My Classes page.
3. Fill in the *Required fields, including:
- Class name
- Start Date
- End Date
Note: The class End Date cannot be greater than 365 days in the future (or your school’s Rollover date).
4. Click Save; you will be redirected to the Edit Class page.
5. Complete the remaining fields/sections:
OPTION 1: ADD STUDENTS TO CLASS ROSTER
To add students to your newly-created class roster:
- Locate the Manage Students section.
- Click Add Student.
- Enter the student's name into the Search Students field.
- Select the student's name as it appears; the selected student will immediately appear on your class roster.
Note: If the student's name does not appear, he/she is either:
- Not assigned to your same School in Dyknow;
- Not listed as a user in Dyknow; or,
- Already enrolled on your class roster.
OPTION 2: ADD TEACHER(S)
To add a teacher to your newly-created class:
- Locate the Manage Teachers section.
- Click Add Teacher.
- Enter the teacher’s name into the Search Teachers field.
- Select the teacher’s name as it appears; the selected teacher will immediately appear in the Manage Teachers section.
OPTION 3: ADD DEFAULT BLOCKING PLAN
To add a Default Blocking Plan to your class:
- Click the Default Blocking Plan field.
- Either select a Blocking Plan from the list of Suggested Blocking Plans or the list of My Blocking Plans, or select Segmented Blocking Plan to begin creating a Segmented Blocking Plan.
6. Click Save; you will be returned to your My Classes page.
ARCHIVE A SELF-CREATED CLASS
Follow the steps below to archive a self-created class in Dyknow.
1. Login to Dyknow.
2. Click the Edit hyperlink for the class you wish to archive.
3. Click the Archive Class button; you will be asked to confirm.
Note: When a Dyknow Teacher archives a class, it cannot be unarchived.
4. Click Archive; you will return to your My Classes page.