Due to Apple security changes in macOS 10.15+, you may have to physically allow access to the Dyknow Cloud Connector from the student Mac device itself.
Review our Mac Cloud Connector article for more info.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I NEED TO ALLOW ACCESS TO DYKNOW?
Once the Dyknow Cloud Connector is installed on a student's macOS 10.15+ device, the following notification will appear, prompting screen recording access.
Otherwise, teachers may see the following thumbnail for student Mac devices that automatically update to macOS 10.15+. If this occurs, follow the steps in the Enable Privacy Setting section below.
HOW DO I ENABLE THE PRIVACY SETTING?
Follow the steps below to enable Dyknow in the Mac Privacy Settings.
1. Open System Preferences on the student Mac device.
2. Click the Security & Privacy icon.
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. Click Screen Recording from the left-hand menu.
5. Select the Dyknow app.
6. Click Accessibility from the left-hand menu.
7. Select the Dyknow app.
8. Close the System Preferences window.
9. Return to the pop-up notification and select Quit Now.
Article is closed for comments.