Student Understanding feature enables teachers to ask students how well they are understanding the given lesson plan or other class material during a monitoring session.
Students can also voluntarily submit their understanding from their devices, regardless of a teacher request, at any time during a monitoring session.
This document is a resource for Dyknow Teachers to understand:
- How to Request Student Understanding
- How Students Voluntarily Submit Their Understanding Statuses
- How to Review Student Understanding Statuses
REQUEST STUDENT UNDERSTANDING
Follow the steps below to request Student Understanding during a monitoring session.
1. Click the checkbox icon (to the right side of your screen); the Student Understanding panel will appear.
2. Click the Request button; the Student Understanding request will immediately appear on student devices.
3. Student Understanding responses will appear as a pie chart under the Requested Submissions heading as they are submitted by students.
HOW STUDENTS VOLUNTARILY SUBMIT THEIR UNDERSTANDING STATUS
Students can voluntarily submit their understanding from their devices, regardless of a teacher request, at any time during a monitoring session. Follow the steps below to show students how to submit their Student Understanding status during an active monitoring session.
1. Locate the system tray or notification area (usually in the lower right corner).
2. The Dyknow icon will appear in the list.
Note: If the Dyknow icon is not there, click on the expand icon to see more notification symbols; these can be dragged and dropped into the tray for easy access. If the Dyknow icon does not appear, Dyknow is either not installed or has encountered a problem; please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Click the Dyknow icon to display the three Student Understanding options.
4. Click to select and send the desired Student Understanding status.
REVIEW STUDENT UNDERSTANDING STATUSES
Follow the steps below to review Student Understanding statuses from students during an active monitoring session.
1. Click the checkbox icon to access the Student Understanding feature.
2. Locate the Requested Submissions and/or Voluntary Submissions section(s).
3. Click each hyperlinked response to view the list of students who submitted that response.