The school admin or a designated faculty member can review quarantined images by logging in to Securly Aware.
- Navigate to the Aware page and click the Nudity tab.
- Within the Nudity tab, the quarantined images can be viewed under the Google Drive tab. (This is because currently, the feature supports only images on Google Drive.)
Here you will find all images that have been quarantined and released from quarantine.
- Quarantined images carry a red lock icon at the top right corner.
- Released images carry a green lock icon at the top right corner.
- Images received from an external FID/entity carry a flag icon. This means that the images have been flagged but not quarantined as they do not belong to the FID.
- To evaluate the image, the admin can click the blurred image to view a bigger size image. The original image can be viewed only by navigating to Google Drive. (Note that the ownership of the image is transferred to the admin or delegated faculty members once the image is quarantined.)
- If an image has only been flagged and not quarantined, the ownership of the file stays with the original owner. The admin can quarantine that image manually from Securly Aware after reviewing it by clicking the ‘Add to quarantine’ button.
- To release the image from quarantine, click the ‘Release from quarantine’ button. This will reinstate ownership of the file to the original user.
- Depending upon your configuration in the ‘Account Settings’ emails will be sent to the admin and the user every time an image is quarantined or released.