Signing up for the 24 service includes a quick onboarding process that includes uploading emergency contact information for the school/district. Admins also need to upload CSVs mapping students and OUs, and students and parents so that the 24 analysts can get help to the student in case of an emergency.
- Log in to your Securly admin portal.
- Scroll down to the 24 tab and click ‘Let’s get started’.
- If you are new to Securly and have never imported OUs from G Suite, then the first step in this process is syncing OUs from G Suite to Securly. Click ‘Import OU Structure’ to start the process. You will be asked to authenticate yourself once again.
- If you are an existing user, then you will not encounter #3 above.
- The complete list of OUs will be displayed where you can select which of the OUs you want to enable 24 monitoring for.
- Select the OUs you want to be monitored.
- You will find two toggle buttons - Filter and Auditor - next to each OU.
- Enable the 24 service for at least one of the two products (Filter and Auditor) for the OUs selected. Note that for Auditor you can select only those OUs for which Auditor scanning has been enabled via G Suite. Learn more about how to identify the Auditor scanned OUs here.
- Click ‘Save and continue to contact details’ for the next step.
- Now you need to add the School District Emergency Contacts. You need to add at least one emergency contact here.
- You can choose to finish the onboarding at this stage by clicking ‘Save and finish’. We recommend that you complete the next steps and upload per-OU and parent CSVs as well.
- Now you need to map OUs and contact persons. These per-OU contacts are the first point of contact for the 24 team in case of an emergency.
- You can download the sample CSV and edit it with the requisite information for your school and upload it back. Refer to this article for details of the information required in the CSV.
- Next, you should upload a CSV mapping parents/guardians with individual students. Note that the 24 team will not contact parents.
- Once the CSVs are successfully uploaded, the ‘Manage OU’ page will display what OUs have contacts mapped against them.
- In case you enable/disable any OUs at a later point in time, you can simply re-upload the CSV and update your contacts for 24.
- If you add/modify OUs in G-Suite it is necessary to check the Manage OUs page and ensure that those OUs are enabled for 24 monitoring and an updated CSV is uploaded. Note that we do not enable monitoring for new OUs automatically.
Also, it’s important to include at least one contact who can be reached outside of normal school hours. Preferably, a home or mobile number.
That’s it, your onboarding process is now complete.