Signing up for the 24 service includes a quick onboarding process that includes uploading emergency contact information for the school/district. Admins will also need to upload CSVs mapping students, OUs, students, and parents so that 24 analysts can get help from the student in case of an emergency.
- Log in to your Securly admin portal.
- Scroll down to the 24 tab and you will be greeted with the next steps.
- As the first step, you would need to enter two Global Contacts. These contacts are not OU specific and will be contacted by the 24 team if none of the other contacts are unavailable during an incident. You can edit these contacts at any time by going to the "District" tab.
- The next step is importing OUs from G Suite to Securly. Click "Import OUs" to start the process. You will be required to authenticate yourself again to sync the OUs. If you are an existing user you would not need to import OUs again. They will be displayed in 'Manage' tab without any action at your end.
- You will be displayed the complete list of OUs and can select which OUs you want to enable 24 monitoring for. Also, use the toggle buttons for Filter and Auditor next to each OU to tell us which product you want to enable 24 for.
- Now add the School Contacts. A sample CSV is provided that you can use to update the contact information and upload. This would help us map students, OUs and school contacts so that the right person can be contacted in case of an incident identified by the 24 school. While we do provide a manual contact addition option, this is available only after you upload the first school CSV. We encourage you to add a note for each of the contacts so that our team knows when and how they can be contacted or cannot. Each contact is displayed as a card and can be edited any time.
- The final step is uploading parent contacts that would map students and parents. Note that we never contact parents, but it is necessary to have the information on file in case of a situation that requires us to contact the local first responders.
- If you enable/disable any OUs at a later point in time, you can simply re-upload the CSV and update your contacts for 24.
- To add/modify OUs to G-Suite, you will need to check the Manage OUs page to ensure that those OUs are enabled for 24 monitoring and an updated CSV is uploaded. Note that we do not enable monitoring for new OUs automatically.
If you are still using our older UI, please refer to the steps below.
Old UI process
- If you are new to Securly and have never imported OUs from G Suite, then the first step in this process is syncing OUs from G Suite to Securly. Click on "Import OU Structure" to start the process. You will be asked to authenticate yourself once again.
- If you are an existing user, then you will not encounter #1 above.
- The complete list of OUs will be displayed where you can select which of the OUs you want to enable 24 monitoring for.
- Select the OUs you want to be monitored.
- You will find two toggle buttons - Filter and Auditor - next to each OU.
- Enable 24 services for at least one of the two products (Filter and Auditor) for the OUs selected.
- Click on "Save and continue to contact details" for the next step.
- You now need to add the School District Emergency Contacts. You need to add at least one emergency contact here.
- You can choose to finish the onboarding at this stage by clicking on the "Save and finish" option. We recommend that you complete the next steps and upload the pre-OU and parent CSVs as well.
- Now you need to map OUs and contact persons. This per-OU contact is the first point of contact for the 24 team in case of an emergency.
- You can download the sample CSV and edit it with the requisite information for your school and upload it back.
- Next, you should upload a CSV mapping of parents/guardians with individual students. Note that the 24 team will not contact parents.
- Once the CSVs are successfully uploaded, the "Manage OU" page will display what OUs have contacts mapped against them.
It’s important to include at least one contact who can be reached outside of normal school hours. Preferably a home or mobile number.
For Auditor, you can only select those OUs for which Auditor scanning has been enabled via G Suite. Learn more about how to identify the Auditor scanned OUs here.
Refer to this article for details of the information required in the CSV.