As a delegated reporting group member, you will receive an email from Securly with your login credentials. The Securly admin console can be accessed via the Securly website, or by clicking https://www.securly.com/app/login.
Enter the credentials specified in your email and you are done.
Depending upon the kind of access your school admin has granted you, you will see either both or one of the tabs - Activities & Auditor.
The Activities tab
The Activities tab contains the complete log of activities for students/users from the OUs that have been assigned to you for monitoring.
The default view will display the most recent "All Activities". This includes all blocked, allowed, and flagged activities. You can choose to view only Blocked, Allowed, or Flagged activities by selecting one from the dropdown.
Each row of activity will include the following information:
- URL to visit/ keyword search/ social media post.
- The date and time stamp for that activity.
- Email address of the user who performed the activity.
The category belongs to:
- Quickly access the links to the website in question (not applicable for flagged activities).
- The geolocation of the device from which the activity was done (only for flagged activities). Note that this is only displayed if the relevant settings are enabled by the admin and the user has accepted geolocation tracking.
- Additional details about the activity.
- Flagged activity icon if it is flagged activity.
The search field allows you to search for activity by site name, user email address, and keyword. You can also narrow down the activity for a specific time period by selecting a date range from the calendar widget.
The activities are further segregated into the following to make it simpler for you to access specific data.
- Recent: Most recent activities of all types.
- Sites: These are the websites that the users have visited.
- Videos: This will list all YouTube videos that the user searched for and watched.
- Searches: This lists the keywords that the user searched for.
- Wiki: Tells you what the student searched for or viewed specifically on Wikipedia.
- Social Posts: This will display all activity on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
You can download reports for any specific user, activity type, or date range. By clicking the ‘Reports’ button you can get reports in either PDF or CSV format.
When you select the Flagged activity from the dropdown, it will only show you those activities for which your school admin or you might have received email alert notifications.
Similar to the activity breakdown mentioned above, the flagged activities also include information about the user, category, geolocation of the device, etc. You can search for an activity or narrow it down by date, and also download activity reports.
In this view, the activity is sorted differently:
- Site: This lists all the suspicious websites/URLs the user visited.
- Sentiments: This displays the flagged activity from social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter with the actual flagged posts/tweets of the user.
- Keyword: Here you will find the keywords that the user searched for on Google, Bing, Yahoo, Wikipedia, and YouTube.
The Auditor tab also displays activities in a manner similar to the Activities tab, the only difference being that these are activities flagged by our AI engines and cover email, GDocs, GDrive, and One Drive.
Along with displaying the details of individual events similar to the Activities tab, the Auditor tab also displays the confidence level assigned to the event. Auditor activities do not include geolocation information or other details about the event as in the case of the Activities tab.
The confidence level is an indicator of the probability of a suspicious event belonging to a particular category. Our sentiment analysis engine categorizes events like grief, bullying, and violence. The higher the confidence level, the higher the probability of the event belonging to the identified category. Please note that the confidence level and the urgency of the alert are not related. A higher confidence level should not be interpreted to mean a higher level of urgency of the alert.
Search and filters
While the default view on the Auditor tab is activities for the Grief/Self-harm category, you can search for activities by user and keywords as required. The page also includes three types of filters:
- Source: Gmail, Google Docs, and G Drive
- Date range: Week, Day, and Month
- Confidence level: 1 to 5
All auditor activity is sorted by the various AI categories that the Auditor analyses user activity on - Grief/Self-harm, Bullying, Violence, and Profanity. Each of the sorting tabs displays a number indicative of the number of new activities logged there since your last visit.
Depending upon the configurations set by your admin, there might be a difference in the email alert notifications you receive and the activities displayed here. The Auditor tab displays all activities irrespective of whether an email was sent to you or not. (Please check with your school admin if you notice a difference.) Also, we do not send email alerts for events marked as profanity.
Using the Bot
To help you quickly raise a ticket or give us feedback, a chatbot is located in the bottom right corner of the screen. You can use this to send an email and raise a ticket with our support team.
Or you can search for a knowledge base article from our KB portal. Just type in a keyword or topic you want to look up.