As a delegated reporting group member, you will receive an email from Securly with your login credentials. The Securly admin console can be accessed via the Securly website, or by clicking https://www.securly.com/app/login.
Enter the credentials specified in your email, and you are done.
Depending upon the kind of access your school admin has granted you, you will see either both, one, or none of the tabs - Flagged & Auditor. The Reports tab is available by default.
The Reports tab
The Reports tab contains the complete log of activities for students/users from the OUs that have been assigned to you for monitoring.
The default view will display the most recent activities. This includes all blocked and allowed. You can choose to view only Blocked activities by clicking the ‘Only show blocked activity’ option.
Each row of activity will include the following information:
- URL visited/ keyword searched/ social media post.
- The date and time stamp for that activity.
- Email address of the user who performed the activity.
The search field allows you to search for activity by site names, user email address, and keyword. You could also narrow down the activity for a specific time period by selecting a date range from the calendar widget.
The activities are further segregated into the following to make it simpler for you to access specific data.
- Recent: Most recent activities of all types.
- Sites: These are the websites that the users have visited.
- Videos: This will list all YouTube videos that the user searched for and watched.
- Searches: This lists the keywords that the user searched for.
- Wiki: Tells you what the student searched for or viewed specifically on Wikipedia.
- SocialPosts: This will display all activity on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
You can download reports for any specific users, activity type, or date range. By clicking the ‘Reports’ button you can get reports in either PDF or CSV format.
The Flagged tab
The Flagged tab will show you only those activities for which your school admin or you might have received email alert notifications.
Similar to the activity breakdown mentioned above, the flagged activities also include information about the user and date and time stamp. In addition, it includes:
- The geolocation of the device from which the activity was done. (Note that this is displayed only if the relevant setting is enabled by the admin and the user has accepted geolocation tracking.)
- Additional details about the activity.
You can also narrow it down activities by date or filter them by sentiments, sites, keyword.
This is how the activity is segregated:
- Flagged Sites: This lists all the suspicious websites/URLs the user visited.
- Flagged Sentiments: This displays the flagged activity from social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter with the actual flagged posts/tweets of the user.
- Flagged Keywords: Here you will find the keywords that the user searched for on Google, Bing, Yahoo, Wikipedia, and YouTube.
The Auditor tab
The Auditor tab also displays activities in a manner similar to the Reports tab, only difference being that these are activities flagged by our AI engines and cover email, GDocs, GDrive, and OneDrive.
Along with displaying the details of individuals events similar to the Activities tab, the Auditor tab also displays the confidence level assigned to the event. Auditor activities do not include the geolocation information and other details about the event as in the case of Activities tab.
The confidence level is an indicator of the probability of a suspicious event belonging to a particular category. Our sentiment analysis engines categorize events as grief, bully, and violence. The higher the confidence level, the higher the probability of the event belonging to the identified category. Please note that the confidence level and urgency of the alert are not related. A higher confidence level should not be interpreted to mean a higher level of urgency of the alert.
Search and filters
While the default view on the Auditor tab is activities for Grief/Self-harm category, you can search activities by user and keywords as required. The page also includes three types of filters :
- Source: Gmail, GDocs, GDrive
- Date range: Week, Day, Month
- Confidence level: 1 to 5
All auditor activity is sorted by the various AI categories that Auditor analyses user activity on - Grief/Self-harm, Bullying, Violence, Profanity. Each of the sorting tabs displays a number indicative of the number of new activities logged there since your last visit.
Depending upon the configurations set by your admin, there might be a difference in the email alert notifications you receive and the activities displayed here. The Auditor tab displays all activities irrespective of whether an email was sent to you or not. (Please check with your school admin if your notice a difference.) Also, we do not send email alerts for events marked as Profanity.