We believe that in order for student activity data to be actionable, it should be accessible to the right people including teachers, counselors, parents*, etc. The school admin, therefore, has the ability to create delegated reporting groups and allow users access to student activity reports and email alerts. Click here to learn what information is accessible to Delegated Reporting Group users.
Note that only the super admin has the authority to create, edit, and delete Delegated Reporting Groups.
New Delegated Reporting Group
Creating a delegated reporting group
- Log in to your Securly admin portal.
- Navigate to the Staff > Faculty groups
- To create a new group, click on "Create Faculty Group".
- Enter the group name and the email(s) of the teacher, staff member, etc. Separated by a comma. Note that you need to enter at least one email to create a group.
- Select from the checkboxes for the tabs you want to allow Delegated Reporting Group users to see when they login to the Securly admin portal.
- To enable Delegated Reporting Users to receive blocked active and email alerts, flagged active, email alerts for Filter, and configure email alerts as the next step.
- You can choose which types of emails should be sent - those for flagged sentiments, flagged sites, or flagged keywords. You can choose from all three and the delegated reporting user will receive email alerts for all such activities for their assigned OUs.
Add Permission to View OUs
Once a newly delegated reporting group has been created, you need to assign OUs to the group. Delegated reporting users will be displaying reports only to students belonging to those OUs.
To do this, click on the group name and go to the 'Org Units' tab. Select the OUs you want to assign and Save.
Add Users to a Group
To add a staff member or teacher to an existing group, click on the more icon for the group and click on 'Add Users'. Enter your email address and Save.