All user activity logged by the Securly web filter is available to you in your Securly admin portal. The "Activities" tab displays all blocked, allowed, and flagged activities to help you understand how students are utilizing their devices and time online, identify time-sinks, understand search patterns, etc. Reports are also available to delegated admins and parents for their specific OUs or kids and help them keep track of their activity at all times.
To view user activity logs:
- Log in to your Securly admin console.
- Navigate to the "Activities" tab.
- Your 'All Activities' will be displayed as default. To view only Blocked, Allowed, or Flagged activities, select the relevant option from the dropdown.
- You can filter the results by category, policy, and date to get as granular a view of the reports as required.
- Any entry, other than Flagged activity, will include an 'Allow' or 'Block' button that will let you allow or block the site instantly from the Activities tab. In the screenshot below, the 'All Policies' filter is selected. This means that if you click 'Allow', 'quora.com' will be allowed for all policies by adding it to the Global Allow list. If you want to allow it only for a specific policy, you would need to select that policy from the policy filter and then click 'Allow'. Note that the ‘allow’ button will not be displayed for ‘Default policy’ users.
- The blocked activity will display all recently blocked activity, sites visited, keywords searched, and articles searched & visited on Wikipedia.*
- The "Sites" tab will list all the websites visited.
- The "Videos" tab will list all YouTube videos that the user searched for and watched.
- The "Searches" tab lists the keywords that the student searched for.
- The "Wiki" tab lists what the student searched for or viewed specifically on Wikipedia.
- The "SocialPosts" tab will display all activity on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- For details about each entry, you can mouse-over the info icon on the right-hand side to the display category under which it was blocked and the public IP address that attempted to access it.
- You can also download reports or email them by clicking the 'Reports' button.
*Note that YouTube videos and Social Media activity are not displayed under the blocked activity log. If a video is blocked, it will not be displayed to the user based on the YouTube settings, while a safe search on YouTube will further display only safe results. So no blocked videos have been reported. Suspicious social media activity has been flagged under the 'Flagged' activity.