All user activity logged by the Securly web filter is available to you in your Securly admin portal. The ‘Activities’ tab displays all blocked, allowed, and flagged activities to help you understand how students are utilizing their devices and time online, identify the time-sinks, understand search patterns, etc. The reports are also available to the delegated admins and parents for their specific OUs or kid and help them keep track of their activity at all times.
To view user activity logs:
- Log in to your Securly admin console.
- Navigate to the ‘Activities’ tab.
- You will be displayed 'All Activities' as default. To view only Blocked, Allowed, or Flagged activities, select the relevant option from the dropdown.
- You can filter the results by category, policy, and date to get as granular a view of the reports as required.
- Every entry, other than Flagged activity, will include an 'Allow' or 'Block' button that will let you allow or block the site if required. It will add the site to the global deny list or at the policy level if using a policy search filter. Note that this is different from the blocked/allowed dropdown at the top of the page which determines which results are displayed. Note that the ‘allow’ button will not be displayed for ‘Default policy’ users. The website will be allowed only for the policy for which you have set the filter. If you have applied the 'All Policies' filter and block/allow a site it will be added to the Global Allow/Deny list.
- The blocked activity will display all recent blocked activity, sites visited, keywords searched, and articles searched & visited on Wikipedia.*
- The ‘Sites’ tab will list all the websites visited.
- The ‘Videos’ tab will list all YouTube videos that the user searched for and watched.
- The ‘Searches’ tab lists the keywords that the student searched for.
- The ‘Wiki’ tab lists what the student searched for or viewed specifically on Wikipedia.
- The ‘SocialPosts’ tab will display all activity on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- For details about each entry, you can mouse-over the info icon on the right-hand side to display category under which it was blocked and the public IP address that attempted to access it.
- You can also download reports or email them by clicking the 'Reports' button.
*Note that YouTube videos and Social Media activity are not displayed under blocked activity log. If a video is blocked, it will not be displayed to the user based on the YouTube settings, while safe search on YouTube will further display only safe results. So no blocked videos are reported. The suspicious social media activity is flagged under the ‘Flagged' activities.