All user activity logged by the Securly web filter is available to you in your Securly Filter console. The "Activities" tab displays all blocked, allowed, and flagged activities to help you understand how students use their devices and time online, identify time sinks, understand search patterns, etc. Reports are also available to delegated admins and parents for their specific OUs or kids and help them keep track of their activity at all times.
To view user activity logs:
- Log in to Securly Filter.
- Navigate to the "Activities" tab.
Your 'All Activities' will be displayed as default. Select the relevant option from the dropdown to view all, only Blocked, or only Allowed activities.
- You can filter the results by category, policy, source of activity, location and date to get as granular a view of the reports as required.
- Clicking the more icon will let you navigate directly to the site logged and also view detailed information about it as well.
- Every row will include an 'Allow' or 'Block' button that will let you allow or block the site instantly from the Activities tab. If the 'All Policies' filter is selected and you allow a site here, it will be allowed for all policies by adding it to the Global Allow list. If you want to allow it only for a specific policy, you would need to select that policy from the policy filter and then click 'Allow'. Note that the ‘allow’ button will not be displayed for ‘Default policy’ users.
- The blocked activity will display all recently blocked activity, sites visited, keywords searched, and articles searched & visited on Wikipedia.
- The "Sites" tab will list all the websites visited.
- The "Videos" tab lists all YouTube videos the user searched for and watched.
- The "Searches" tab lists the keywords that the student searched for.
- The "Wiki" tab lists what the student searched for or viewed specifically on Wikipedia.
- The "SocialPosts" tab will display all activity on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- You can select the columns you want to display on the Activities page by clicking the settings icon and selecting from the list.
- You can also download reports, email them, and schedule them to be received periodically by clicking the relevant icons and following the steps explained in the KB articles linked.
*Note that YouTube videos and Social Media activity are not displayed under the blocked activity log. If a video is blocked, it will not be displayed to the user based on the YouTube settings, while a safe search on YouTube will further display only safe results.