With Securly, you can integrate your G Suite with the Securly web filter and import all your OUs within a few minutes. This facility allows you to assign policies for each OUs based on their requirements.
If you have just signed up for Securly and are setting up your policies, you must follow the steps below to import all your OUs from G Suite to Securly.
- Login to Securly Filter. Note that for security reasons, only a super admin belonging to the primary domain can import OUs.
- Navigate to the "Policy Map" and click the "Import OUs" button.
- You will need to validate your credentials to help us verify that you are the super admin.
Once your credentials are verified, all OUs from G-Suite will be imported to Securly and displayed to you under the "Policy Map".
Note that at this time, all OUs will automatically be assigned to the default policy. You need to create and assign other policies to the OUs separately.
Updating OUs for new or moved users
As the school year progresses, you may move students, staff, or teachers to different OUs. These changes would need to be synced with Securly to ensure that the student's, staff member's, or teacher's online activity is filtered as per policy. This happens dynamically as every user update in G-Suite is synced to Securly automatically.
If you delete an OU or change the name of an OU in G-Suite, you will need to import all OUs manually for the changes to reflect in Securly.
If you are a Securly DNS user, the changes to the policy applied to the user will be reflected immediately, even if the user is actively browsing the internet at that time. Chrome extension users can expect a 30-minute delay. If you do not find the updated OU information and policy assignment reflected in your Securly portal within 24 hours, please run a manual OU import to reconnect Securly with your G Suite account.
New G-Suite OUs
Once you create a new OU in G-Suite, the changes must be manually synced with Securly. This is usually the case in the summer when you create OUs for the new graduation year. Or after the reorganization of your OU structure?
- Login to your Securly account.
- Navigate to the "Policy Map" and click on the cloud icon. A list of all the domains listed with us will be displayed. Select the domain for which you want to sync OUs.
- All manual OU import requests require verifying your credentials. Once verified, the OUs will be updated in Securly.
You can now go ahead and assign policies to any new OUs that you may have imported.
Article is closed for comments.