During the Aware setup process, you are required to create a new route that allows a copy of the emails to be sent to Aware engines and scan them for grief, bullying, and violence. This route can be created for specific OUs individually, or inherited by child OUs when set up for the parent OU.
To understand which OUs in G Suite are scanned by Aware, you need to retrace your setup steps.
- Login to your G Suite admin portal at admin.google.com
- Navigate to Apps > G Suite > Settings for Gmail > Advanced Settings
- Select an OU from the left-hand column and scroll down to ‘Routing’.
- If you find a route for the Aware configured there, it means that the OU is being scanned by the Aware. You can select that OU for on call monitoring in your Securly portal.
- If no route is configured for the selected OU it means that it is not being scanned by the Aware. You cannot select that OU for on call monitoring.
- If you select a parent OU in step 3, it means that the child OUs belonging to that parent OU are also being scanned by the Aware by inheritance. Unless you have specifically chosen to disable Aware scanning for a child OU.