You can choose to deploy the Securly solution to your iPads using any of the MDMs such as FileWave, TabPilot, Airwatch, etc. We support the most popular MDM solutions.
In order to deploy Securly using Meraki System Manager, you will need to undertake the following steps:
- Log in to Meraki and navigate to Systems Manager > Manage > Settings.
- Click “+ Add profile” on the far right and add a profile.
- On the "Add new profile" screen, click on ‘Continue’.
- Under "Profile configuration", provide a unique name for your profile.
- Ensure that you set the "Removal Policy" as "Require password to remove this profile".
- Define "Scope" from the drop-down menu.
- Under ‘Add Settings’ select ‘Certificate’.
- Enter a unique name for the certificate.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to where you saved the certificate and select it.
- Click on "Add Settings" and select "Global HTTP Proxy".
- Select ‘Proxy Type’ as ‘Auto’.
- Input the PAC File URL provided by Securly in the ‘PAC URL’ field.
- Select the checkbox for "Proxy Captive Login Allowed".
- There is a second checkbox. You may want to check this box if you'd prefer students to have unfiltered internet in case of a Securly outage.
- Click on "Save" at the bottom.
Note: Meraki supports the use of variables such as $OWNEREMAIL which can be used with SmartPAC’s user injection feature. Note the variables are only supported with custom apple profiles (.mobileconfig files). They cannot be used directly on the Meraki web interface. Learn more.