To install the Securly SmartPAC solution to your MacOS devices using SchoolMDM by TechPilot Labs, use the following steps:
- Log into Control Tower and click on “Network profiles”.
- Switch to the Mac network profiles tab.
- Click + Add to create a profile.
- Enter a name and description for the profile; then, click ‘Save’.
- Click on the Certificates tab.
- Click ‘+ Add’ and locate where you downloaded the Securly certificate.
- Click ‘Upload’ and then click ‘Save’.
- Click the ‘Global proxy’ tab under the profile you created.
- Change the ‘Proxy’ setting to ‘Auto’.
- Fill in the SmartPAC URL for your school under ‘Proxy PAC URL’ and click ’Save’. If you do not know the SmartPAC URL for your school please contact support.
Later this Fall, Securly's current SSL Certificate will expire. We have provisioned a brand new SSL Certificate available below which expires in 2034. While to get up and running today you only need to have the original SSL Certificate Installed, we recommend that you install both SSL Certificates at the same time to ensure when the original expires, you are at no loss of service.