You can choose to deploy the Securly SmartPAC solution to your MacOS devices using any of the MDMs such as FileWave, TabPilot, Airwatch, etc. We support most of the popular MDM solutions.
To deploy Securly using Meraki System Manager you would need to undertake the following steps:
- Login to Meraki and navigate to Systems Manager > MDM > Settings
- Click the '+ Add profile' button and select “Device profile (default)”. Click “Continue”.
- Type in ‘Securly MacOS’ for the profile name.
- Change ‘Profile Removal Policy’ to ‘Require password to remove this profile’ and enter a password.
- Click ‘+ Add settings’ and select ‘Certificate’.
- Name the certificate ‘Securly’.
- Click ‘Choose file’ and browse to where the certificate was downloaded on your workstation. Click ‘Save’. (You can download the certificate attachment at the end of this article.)
- Click ‘+ Add settings’ and select ‘WiFi Settings’.
- Change ‘Proxy setup’ to ‘Automatic’.
- Type in the SmartPAC URL that was provided to you by support or your Sales Engineer.
- Click ‘+ Add settings’ and select ‘macOS System Preferences’.
- Uncheck the box next to ‘Network’ and ‘Profiles’. This will prevent users from removing the proxy configuration and the profile.
- Click ‘Save’.
- Click ‘Save’ again to complete the process.
Later this Fall, Securly's current SSL Certificate will expire. We have provisioned a brand new SSL Certificate available below which expires in 2034. While to get up and running today you only need to have the original SSL Certificate Installed, we recommend that you install both SSL Certificates at the same time to ensure when the original expires, you are at no loss of service.