Sometimes schools might want to exclude certain domains or specific email IDs from Aware scanning to avoid false positives, or exclude non-school domain email IDs, or because some email IDs are deemed safe, etc.
Excluding domains and emails from Aware scanning is a G Suite level setting and you will need to log in to your G Suite account for it. Here are the steps to do that:
- Log in to your G Suite admin console and navigate to Apps > G Suite > Gmail > Advanced Settings
- Scroll down to "Routing" and click on "Edit" for the routing you have already set up for Aware.
- Scroll down to "Show Options" and check the "Use address list to bypass or control the application in this settings" field button.
- Select the radio button for "Bypass this setting for specific addresses/ domains’.
- Next, you can select an existing list or create a new list with the domain and/or email address that you want to bypass from Aware scanning.
- If you create a new list, give it a name that is easily recognizable, such as "Bypass for Aware" in this example.
- Go ahead and add the email IDs or domains that you want to exclude and click Save.
- Save the new settings.
The domains and email IDs specified in the list will now be excluded from forwarding to Aware scanning.
Article is closed for comments.