Sometimes schools might want to exclude certain domains or specific email IDs from Auditor scanning to avoid false positives, or exclude non-school domain email IDs, or because some email IDs are deemed safe, etc.
Excluding domains or emails from Auditor scanning is a G Suite level settings and you would need to log in to your G Suite account for it. Here are the steps to do that:
- Log in to your G Suite admin console and navigate to Apps > G Suite > Gmail > Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down to ‘Routing’ and click ‘Edit’ for the routing you have already set up for Auditor.
- Scroll down to ‘Show Options’ and check the ‘Use address lists to bypass or control application of this setting’ field button.
- Select the radio button for ‘Bypass this setting for specific addresses/ domains’.
- Next, you can select an existing list or create a new list with the domains and/or email address that you want to bypass from Auditor scanning.
- If you create a new list give it a name that is easily recognizable such as ‘Bypass for Auditor’ in this example.
- Go ahead and add the email IDs or domains that you want to exclude and click Save.
- Save the new settings.
The domains or email IDs specified in the list will now be excluded from forwarding to Auditor scanning.