You can choose to deploy the Securly SmartPAC to your MacOS using any of the MDMs such as FileWave, TabPilot, Airwatch, etc. We support most of the popular MDM solutions.
To deploy SmartPac using JAMF MDM you would need to undertake the following steps:
- Login to your JAMF MDM and navigate to Computers > Configuration Profiles and create a new profile by clicking ‘New’.
- Give the new profile a name.
- Select the Distribution Method as ‘Install Automatically’.
- Select the Level to be ‘Computer Level’. Then click ‘Save’.
- Under the left-side menu scroll down to ‘Certificate’ and add the ‘Securly_CA_2015_2020.der ‘ certificate attached at the end of this article.
- Under the left-side menu scroll to ‘Proxies’ and select ‘Enable Automatic Proxy Configuration’.
- Input the SmartPAC URL provided by Securly Support in the ‘Automatic Proxy Configuration URL’ field.
- Click ‘Save’ to complete the process.
Later this Fall, Securly's current SSL Certificate will expire. We have provisioned a brand new SSL Certificate available below which expires in 2034. While to get up and running today you only need to have the original SSL Certificate Installed, we recommend that you install both SSL Certificates at the same time to ensure when the original expires, you are at no loss of service.