Problem: In Classroom, thumbnails of student screens never display.
Please check a few things for me on the student Chromebook and in the Google Admin Console:
- Have the student power off and back on the Chromebook (not just close and re-open the lid).
- Is the TP extension on the Chromebook version 1.9.04? (hover over the extension on the Chromebook).
- Is the Securly Classroom (TP) extension force installed on the Student User OU(s)? (jfbecfmiegcjddenjhlbhlikcbfmnafd). Force Install Extension
- Is the old Securly Classroom extension on the device? Please remove from G-Suite (ID lhhdpbmfkhodhahbnjkagoclhakconlo)
- Are screenshots enabled in the Google Admin console?
- Set Securly Classroom to Trusted in Security > API Access > Apps (It is defaulted to Limited)
- Is the Chromebook OU in G-Suite set to block Chrome Incognito? Extensions do not load on the incognito browser.
- Is the student using the correct login credentials on the Chromebook? It must match the credentials in the Google Admin Console.
- When the student signs into the Chromebook, opens the Chrome Browser, and launches a website, does the TP extension load onto the browser? If not, make sure that the student is assigned to the proper OU in your Google Admin console.
- During the active class session is the TP extension Green/Orange or Gray? Is it showing any kind of error? If it is gray or there is a red exclamation point, it usually means the Chromebook is not registered in the Device Console.
- Remove the student profile from the Chromebook. You may do this remotely from G-Suite by finding the student's device, putting a check next to it, and selecting the Remove Profile Button in the upper right. (see screenshot below) This will log the student out of the Chromebook.