The SmartPAC solution from Securly requires customers to download a PAC file and lets Securly manage filtering through it. Other than being a lightweight client that works on all platforms, here are some more reasons why you should get Securly’s SmartPAC filtering solution.
- It works great for off-premise filtering due to its compatibility with IPV6 or third-party portals (eg. coffee shops, public libraries).
- It can be easily installed via MDM.
- There is no need to edit Pac files (or get support teams to edit them for you) for exceptions.
- iPads work great with SmartPAC. In fact, SmatPAC works great with all types of platforms.
- Proxy hostile websites such as Netflix that do not work well with DNS solutions work great with SmartPAC.
- Users can block network related apps using just the Global Deny List.
- It diverts a lot less traffic to Securly servers thereby giving you even better performance.
- Lesser session timeouts as logins are persistent.
- Updates to SmartPAC are done at the client level, no software updates are required.
More enhancements on their way with subsequent releases, making SmartPAC a great filtering solution for all your devices both on or off campus.