Signing up for Securly with your Office 365 credentials is quick and easy. However, sometimes you may encounter certain errors while signing up primarily due to permission restrictions.
Some Office 365 related errors you may encounter are:
- The domain is already registered.
- It looks like you don't have an Exchange Online license (for Auditors to sign up).
- You need to log in with your Global Admin credentials.
- Global Admin credentials must belong to the primary domain you entered during SignUp.
- The domain name does not match the primary domain or sub-domain used during sign up.
To avoid facing such errors:
- Ensure that the domain you use during sign up has not been previously used to sign up for Securly’s web filtering product. You can only sign up once with a particular domain. When faced with this error, you can navigate to securly.com and click ‘Login’ to log in to your Securly account directly.
- You need to have a valid Exchange Online license to sign up for Auditor. Verify if you have purchased an Exchange Online license. You can read more about it here.
- Ensure that the credentials you use to sign up belong to an Office 365 Global Admin account. (Learn more about Global Admin here.)
- Your school may have multiple Office 365 accounts. Make sure that the Global Admin credentials you use belong to the same domain that you used during sign up.
- Ensure that the subdomain you enter is a valid subdomain of your primary domain. For example, if your primary domain is ‘k12publicschools.org’, a valid subdomain would be ‘hs.k12publicschools.org’. However, ‘hs.k12publicschools.com’ would be an invalid subdomain.
To sign up for Securly click here.