The Securly Chrome extension is one of the easiest and fastest ways to get started with Chromebook filtering.
You can install and test the Chrome extension on your Chromebooks in 5 minutes or less by logging into your Google admin console. The Securly Chromebook extension is user-based and only works on Chromebooks.
- Create a test OU in G Suite and name it something like “Securly Test”.
- If you have an existing username used for testing, you can move it into this OU at this time. If you do not already have a testing username, you can create one and move it into this OU.
Installing the Securly Extension
- Log in to https://admin.google.com
- Navigate to Device Management > Chrome Management > User Settings
- Select your test OU under “Organizations” on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Scroll down until you find “Manage force-installed apps” under the “Force-installed Apps and Extensions” section. Click on “Manage force-installed apps”.
5. A Force-installed Apps and Extensions modal will pop-up. Select “Specify a Custom App”.
6. Input the ID and URL with the details below and click ‘Add’. The Securly Chrome extension will be displayed in the right-hand column. Click ‘Save’.
- Click ‘Save’ again after the popup closes.
This process will push the Securly Chrome extension to all the users inside the selected test OU.
You can now browse the internet and see the Securly Chrome extension at work.