The Securly Chrome extension is one of the easiest and fastest ways to get started with Chromebook filtering.
You can install and test the Chrome extension on your Chromebooks in 5 minutes or less by logging into your Google admin console. The Securly Chromebook extension is user-based and only works on Chromebooks.
- Create a test OU in G Suite and name it something like “Securly Test”.
- If you have an existing username used for testing, you can move it to this OU at this time. If you do not already have a testing username, you can create one and move it to this OU.
Installing the Securly Extension
- Log in to https://admin.google.com
- Navigate to Devices > Chrome > Apps & Extensions
- Select your test OU under “Organizations” on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click the yellow plus sign at the bottom of the page, and select Add Chrome app or extension by ID.
- In the pop-up that appears as the ID and URL specified below. Also, select 'From a custom URL' from the dropdown.
- Click on "Save". This process will push the Securly Chrome extension to all users in the selected test OU. You can now browse the internet and see the Securly Chrome extension at work.