The first step to getting started with Classroom by Securly is to import your classes from Google Classroom to Securly and have them in sync. Every teacher with Classroom by Securly access will individually import her classes from her Google Classroom account to Classroom by Securly.
Before you start importing classes, make sure that you have enabled ‘Classroom API’ in your G-Suite console.
- Log into your Classroom by Securly.
- You will be greeted with a welcome screen. Click the Get Started button.
- You will be prompted to import classes from Google Classroom. Click the ‘Import from Google Classroom’ button.
- You would need to authenticate again with your Google login.
- Once authenticated all your classes from Google Classroom will be imported to Classroom by Securly and displayed to you under the ‘Classes’ tab.
- Login to your Classroom by Securly.
- Navigate to the ‘Classes’ tab.
- Click ‘Sync with Google Classroom’ at the top right to import your classes.
- You would need to authenticate yourself once again with your Google credentials.
- If you have no classes listed under your Classes tab, you will be displayed a message prompting you the import from Google Classroom. Click the ‘Import from Google Classroom’ button to do so.
Note that if you add, edit or delete students in classes in Google Classroom, you would need to re-import your classes manually to Classroom by Securly at this time. The dynamic import facility will be provided in subsequent releases.