You can choose to deploy the Securly solution to your iPads using any of the MDMs such as FileWave, TabPilot, Airwatch etc. We support most of the popular MDM solutions.
To deploy Securly using Apple Configurator you would need to undertake the following steps:
1. Go to your Apple Configurator > Settings and click the ‘+’ symbol and select ‘Create a new profile’.
2. Provide a unique name to your profile such as ‘Securly iPad Filtering’.
3.Under the left-side menu scroll down to ‘Certificates’ and add the ‘securly_SHA-256.crt’ certificate attached at the end of this article.
4. Under the left-side menu scroll to ‘Global HTTP Proxy’ and select ‘Proxy Type’ as ‘Auto’.
5. Input the PAC File URL provided by Securly in the ‘Proxy PAC URL’ field.
6. Check the checkbox for ‘Allow direct connection if PAC is unreachable’. Note that this tells the iPad to fail open if the PAC file is unavailable. This will permit internet access, but the iPads will not be filtered in this event.
7. Check the checkbox for ‘Allow bypassing proxy to access captive networks’. Note that this will proxy any traffic if they are redirected to an Acceptable Use Policy landing page or a captive portal. These generally exist at public hotspots such as coffee shops, hotels etc. Choosing this option will allow users to access the internet whenever they encounter such a page.
Note: You can follow the same method to install the Securly SmartPac solution. Please contact the Securly support team for your SmartPac URL.
Later this Fall, Securly's current SSL Certificate will expire. We have provisioned a brand new SSL Certificate available below which expires in 2034. While to get up and running today you only need to have the original SSL Certificate Installed, we recommend that you install both SSL Certificates at the same time to ensure when the original expires, you are at no loss of service.