Problem: You need to configure an Android device to be filtered by Securly In School DNS Web Filtering
Solution: To configure an Android device to be filtered by Securly DNS you will need to manually assign the IP, Gateway IP, DNS IPs and install the Securly SSL certificate.
Securly SSL certificate installation
- download Securly SSL certificate from support.securly.com
- open Securly SSL certificate file
- name SSL profile Securly
- select use for WiFi
To change the WiFi Adapter settings:
- Open the Settings on the device.
- Select “Wi-Fi”.
- Long press your current network, then select “Modify network”
- Mark “Show advanced options” check box.
- There will then be an option to set a proxy
- Change this to "automatic" and place the PAC file URL given by your Sales Engineer in the provided box.
SSL certificate verification
Settings > Security > Trusted Credentials >
It is not possible to push SSL certificates to Android devices with the GAfE Admin Console settings.