You can filter your Android devices with Securly. To configure an Android device to be filtered by Securly DNS you will need to manually assign the IP, Gateway IP, DNS IPs, and install the Securly SSL certificate.
Securly SSL certificate installation
- Download the Securly SSL certificates securly_ca_2020.crt and securly_ca_2034.crt below.
Later this Fall, Securly's current SSL Certificate will expire. We have provisioned a brand new SSL Certificate available below which expires in 2034. While to get up and running today you only need to have the original SSL Certificate Installed, we recommend that you install both SSL Certificates at the same time to ensure when the original expires, you are at no loss of service.
Expires 2020 Cert Expires 2034 Cert Android securly_ca_2020.crt securly_ca_2034.crt
- Open the downloaded Securly SSL certificate file
- Name the SSL profile Securly
- Select use for WiFi
Change the WiFi Adapter settings
- Open the Settings on the Android device.
- Select “Wi-Fi”.
- Long press your current network, then select “Modify network”.
- Mark “Show advanced options” checkbox.
- There will then be an option to set a proxy.
- Change this to "automatic" and place the PAC file URL given by your Sales Engineer in the provided box.
SSL certificate verification
To verify if the certificate has been installed correctly, navigate to Settings > Security > Trusted Credentials > User on your Android device.
Note that it is not possible to push SSL certificates to Android devices with the G Suite Admin Console settings.