You can filter your Android devices with Securly. To configure an Android device to be filtered by Securly DNS you will need to manually assign the IP, Gateway IP, DNS IPs and install the Securly SSL certificate.
Securly SSL certificate installation
- Download the Securly SSL certificate - new_securly_self_signed_cert_exp_20200130.crt - attached at the end of this article.
- Open the downloaded Securly SSL certificate file
- Name the SSL profile Securly
- Select use for WiFi
Change the WiFi Adapter settings
- Open the Settings on the Android device.
- Select “Wi-Fi”.
- Long press your current network, then select “Modify network”.
- Mark “Show advanced options” checkbox.
- There will then be an option to set a proxy.
- Change this to "automatic" and place the PAC file URL given by your Sales Engineer in the provided box.
SSL certificate verification
To verify if the certificate has been installed correctly, navigate to Settings > Security > Trusted Credentials > User on your Android device.
Note that it is not possible to push SSL certificates to Android devices with the G Suite Admin Console settings.