Sometimes you may want to allow users to access only a limited set of websites that have been specifically listed in the policy Allow list or the Global Allow list E.g. Students that have been abusing the technology and require only limited access to the internet.
To do this:
- Login to your Securly Safety Console.
- Navigate to ‘Policy Editor’.
- Create a new policy or select the policy you want to apply to this condition.
- Toggle the switch to the ‘Limit access to only allowed sites’ field.
- A warning box will pop up.
Users belonging to OUs assigned to this policy will now have access to only those sites explicitly allowed on the Global Allow List or the Allow list for that policy. All other sites will be blocked.
(Note that this requires you to have a Secure Chrome extension.)