Whenever a user attempts to access a blocked category/domain/URL, a blocked page is displayed to him. The content on this blocked page can be customized if required.
You can customize the following aspects of the blocked page:
- Custom message
- Contact Admin or Temporary Allow button
- School Logo
- Disable Contact Admin is set in global settings. (Policy Editor > Global Settings > Disable Contact Admin)
- Policies with Allow Teachers to Approve Sites (Policy Editor > Each policy > Allow Teachers to Approve Sites)
Button Setting block page results
- No Button: Disabled Contact Admin checked. No policy with ‘Allow Teachers to Approve Sites’ or coming from an out of school IP address.
- Temporarily Allow Button: The temporarily allow option is only applicable in school with at least one policy with Temporarily Allow privileges.
- Contact Admin Button: In all other cases, the contact admin button will be displayed. Clicking the contact admin will open your default email client with information from the blocked event.
*Note that it is possible to temporarily allow a blocked site if the teacher deems it necessary. To learn how click here.
Change the Block Page Disclaimer Text
- Login to your Securly account
- Navigate to Policy Editor > Global Settings and enter your content in the ‘Blocked Page Disclaimer Text’ field.
Change school logo
The school logo can also be customised. Please email email@example.com for logo changes.