Whenever a user attempts to access a blocked category/domain/URL, a blocked page is displayed to him. The content on this blocked page can be customized if required.
You can customize the following aspects of the blocked page:
- Custom message
- Contact Admin or Temporary Allow button
- School Logo
- Disable Contact Admin settings in Global Settings.
- Go to the Policy Editor > Global Settings > Show 'Contact Admin' button
- Toggle the switch to Enable 'Contact admin'.
For policies with Allow Teachers to Approve Sites (Policy Editor > Each policy > Enable the switch to Authorize users assigned to this policy approve site)
Button settings blocked page results
- No Button: Disabled Contact Admin checked. There is no policy with ‘Allow Teachers to Approve Sites’ or coming from an out of school IP address.
- Temporarily Allow Button: The temporary allow option is only applicable in schools with at least one policy with Temporarily Allow privileges.
- Contact Admin Button: In all other cases, the contact admin button will be displayed. Clicking on the contact admin will open your default email client with information from the blocked event.
*Note that it is possible to temporarily allow a blocked site if the teacher deems it necessary. To learn how, click here.
Customize the blocked page disclaimer text
- Login to your Securly account
- Navigate to Policy Editor > Global Settings and enter your content in the ‘Blocked Page message’ field.
Upload your school logo
You can also upload your school logo to be displayed on the blocked page. To do this:
- Log in to your Securly Safety Console.
- Navigate to the Account Settings page and click the Upload Logo tab.
- Upload your school logo in either JPEG, PNG, or GIF format.