Whenever a user attempts to access a blocked category/domain/URL, a blocked page is displayed to him. The content on this blocked page can be customized if required.
You can customize the following aspects of the blocked page:
- Custom message
- Contact Admin or Temporary Allow button
- School Logo
- Disable Contact Admin is set in global settings. (Policy Editor > Global Settings > Disable Contact Admin)
- Policies with Allow Teachers to Approve Sites (Policy Editor > Each policy > Allow Teachers to Approve Sites)
Button setting blocked page results
- No Button: Disabled Contact Admin checked. No policy with ‘Allow Teachers to Approve Sites’ or coming from an out of school IP address.
- Temporarily Allow Button: The temporarily allow option is only applicable in school with at least one policy with Temporarily Allow privileges.
- Contact Admin Button: In all other cases, the contact admin button will be displayed. Clicking the contact admin will open your default email client with information from the blocked event.
*Note that it is possible to temporarily allow a blocked site if the teacher deems it necessary. To learn how click here.
Customize the blocked page disclaimer text
- Login to your Securly account
- Navigate to Policy Editor > Global Settings and enter your content in the ‘Blocked Page Disclaimer Text’ field.
Upload your school logo
You can also upload your school logo to be displayed on the blocked page. To do this:
- Log in to your Securly account.
- Navigate to the Account Settings page and click the Upload Logo tab.
- Upload your school logo in either JPEG, PNG, or GIF format.