Whenever a user attempts to access a blocked category/domain/URL, a blocked page is displayed to him. The content on this blocked page can be customized if required.
You can customize the following aspects of the blocked page:
- Custom message
- Contact Admin or Temporary Allow button
- School Logo
- Disable Contact Admin settings in Global Settings.
- Go to the Policy Editor > Global Settings > Show 'Contact Admin' button
- Toggle the switch to Enable 'Contact admin'.
For policies with Allow Teachers to Approve Sites (Policy Editor > Each policy > Enable the switch to Authorize users assigned to this policy approve site)
Button settings blocked page results
- No Button: Disabled Contact Admin checked. There is no policy with ‘Allow Teachers to Approve Sites’ or coming from an out-of-school IP address.
- Temporarily Allow Button: The temporary allow option is only applicable in schools with at least one policy with Temporarily Allow privileges.
- Contact Admin Button: In all other cases, the contact admin button will be displayed. Clicking on the contact admin will open your default email client with information from the blocked event.
*Note that it is possible to temporarily allow a blocked site if the teacher deems it necessary. To learn how to click here.
Customize the blocked page disclaimer text
- Login to your Securly account
- Navigate to Policy Editor > Global Settings and enter your content in the ‘Blocked Page message’ field.
Upload your school logo
You can also upload your school logo on the blocked page. To do this:
- Log in to Securly Filter.
- Navigate to the Account Settings page and click the Upload Logo tab.
- Upload your school logo in either JPEG, PNG, or GIF format. Make sure it is no more than 5MB in size.