Before you start using Securly DNS filtering, ensure that you have the Securly SSL certificate on all devices, this includes Chromebooks. If you only use the Securly Chrome extension for filtering, you do not need the SSL certificate. We can use the Google filtering API to see all the HTTPS traffic. Installing the certificate does not control the level of filtering provided. Certificates are in place to provide the best browsing experience. The certificate never turns on filtering for any device.
To install the SSL certificate in your Google admin console:
- Download the certificates attached at the end of this article.
- Login to your Google admin console at https://admin.google.com
- Navigate to Devices > Chrome devices.
- Select Networks from the Device dropdown.
- Scroll down to Certificates and click Create Certificates.
- Upload the SSL file from step 1.
- Scroll to the 'Certificate Authority' section and select the device you are using.
- Click on "Add" in the bottom right corner.