Issue: You have a user that needs to troubleshoot an unexpected Securly blocked web page
Solution: Below are some troubleshooting questions and steps to give users when seeing an unexpected Securly blocked page
- Is the user logged into securly.com or useast-www.securly.com
- Was the user on or off campus when the blocked page occurred
- Can the user create a screen capture video of logging in and browsing to the page that is being blocked.
If you need an application to record a video of your screen, jing.com has a free app that you can use to create the screen capture video with as well as Screencastify (Screen Video Recorder) offered by screencastify.com for Chrome.
- Have the user create a screenshot that contains the URL and the details of the blocked page message (Policy/Category/etc)
- Make sure the GAfE domain user account has been imported into the Securly Policy Map editor to insure that it is being served the desired Securly Web Filter policy
- the output from http://www.securly.com/app/session or http://useast-www.securly.com/app/session could be useful as well