Issue: You want to give additional admins access to the Securly Web Filter UI
Environment: All Customers
Cause: By default any GAfE domain super admin will have access to the Securly admin tool, however you may want to provide access to a user who you do not want to make a "Super Admin".
Solution: You can follow the steps below to provide the appropriate permissions in Google Apps which will allow a unprivileged user to use the Securly dashboard.
Specify the API-read privilege
- Login to your Google Apps Admin dashboard at admin.google.com
- Login with super admin account
- Select Admin Roles
- Create a New Role
- Provide a name such as “Import-only Privilege Role”
- On the next screen, scroll down to Admin API Privileges and select “Read” for the following containers: OU and Users.
- Save changes
- Now return to the Google Apps Start Page (top level)
- Click on Users
- Pick (or create) an otherwise unprivileged test user
- Click on Show More
- Click on Admin roles and privileges
- Click on Manage roles on the next screen and pick the role you created above.
- Select Update Roles