With Securly you can integrate your G Suite with the Securly web filter and import all your OUs within a few minutes. This facility allows you to assign different policies for each of the OUs based on their requirements.
If you have just signed up for Securly and are in the process of setting up your policies, you need to follow the steps below to import all your OUs from G Suite to Securly.
- Login to your Securly account
- Navigate to the ‘Policy Map’ and click the ‘Sync OU Structure’ button.
- You will need to validate your credentials to help us verify that you are the super admin. (Note that only super admins have the right to import OUs.)
Once your credentials are verified all OUs from G-Suite will be imported to Securly and displayed to you under the ‘Policy Map’.
Note that at this time all OUs would automatically be assigned the default policy. You need to create and assign other policies to the OUs separately.
Updating OUs for existing users
As the school year progresses you may move around students, staff or teachers to different OUs or create new OUs. These changes would need to be synced with Securly to ensure that the students’, staff members’ or teachers’ online activity is filtered as per policy. This happens dynamically as every user update in G-Suite is synced to Securly automatically.
Note that if you delete an OU in G-Suite you would need to import all OUs manually for the changes to reflect in Securly.
You can also sync your G-Suite and Securly manually
- Login to your Securly account.
- Navigate to the ‘Policy Map’ and click the cloud icon. A list of all domains listed with us will be displayed. Select the domain for which you want to sync OUs.
3. Just as in the case of new users, you would be required to verify your credentials. Once verified, the OUs will be updated in Securly.
You can now go ahead and assign policies to any new OUs that you may have imported.