Before you undertake a full deployment of Securly’s filtering solution, it is recommended that you test it on a few machines. This will allow you to understand how Securly’s filtering works and customize policies before pushing it out to all users.
To test Securly:
- Install the Securly certificate and trust it on your Windows device. Download the certificate here.
- Then go ahead and change the DNS server IPs.
- You can now visit different websites to verify if filtering is working. We recommend visiting ‘unsafewebsite.com’ (this is Securly’s test site), ‘777.com’, and Google search for proxy.
- Log in to your Securly portal and navigate to the ‘Reports’ tab. A log of your activities will be listed there. To learn more about the Reports tab, click here.
- Once you are done testing make sure to remove the DNS IP and certificate to end the testing process completely.