Yes, you can offer students a choice/sign up day and then adjust the activities to be required thus “locking” them into the activity for a set period of time.
Many schools have a sign up day followed by sessions that last 1, 2, or more weeks.
To manage this follow the steps below. (There is also a video in the HELP section of Flex that walks teachers through these steps.)
- Create and schedule the choice activity for the first day of the session. (Students can then sign up.)
- Once students have signed up, take the list of students who registered, from the "Student Attendance" screen, and create a roster. (Below is an example of the New Roster screen.)
- Go to the original choice activity on the "Activities List" screen and make a copy.
- Edit the copy activity, adjusting the title and selecting a mandatory priority level (Required or Priority). Add the roster you previously created and any additional students as necessary.
- Schedule the mandatory activity for the remainder of the session.
Extra Tip: When offering the same activity for a different session/roster, make a copy, add to the title which session, change the roster, and schedule.