To update the catchall file, update your original file with any changes then reload the file to update the system. Keep reading for more detailed directions.
The catchall file is a CSV file that tells the system which student needs to report to which teacher if the student is not assigned to or has not chosen an activity.
As a reminder, your catchall file should look like this:
Instead of emails, the system can process student and teacher ID numbers just be sure to keep the headers studentemail and teacheremail. You should update the catchall files whenever you get a new student. (It is not critical to remove unenrolled students from the file.)
There are two ways the catchall file can be updated:
1. Manually updating the catchall file (by Admins)
- Update your master file and go to My School Settings > File Uploads
- Upload the updated file
Extra Tip: It is advised to keep the same file name and simply replace the file, otherwise you have to edit your flex period and point the “Homeroom Assignment” or “Homeroom by Schedule” catchall to the new file name. (My School Settings > Flex periods, edit the flex period and set the new file in the Catchall section - see screenshot below.)
2. Setting up an automated file update (by District IT)
- District IT can write a script to place updated catchall files on the SFTP server on a regular schedule.
- We can provide you with login credentials after safelisting your IP address. Again, the same file name should be used for the updated catchall file. Reach out to the Help Desk for assistance with obtaining SFTP credentials if you don’t already have them.
Extra Tip: To look for students who are missing from the catchall file, go to Reports > Full Attendance and look at Not Registered students. Any student without the green catchall assignment is not on the current catchall file.